You may be wondering how ecovery and using work as a therapeutic tool benefits you. Click on the links below to discover why ecovery helps you "Return to Wellness."
As part of your workers’ compensation claim, you may be entitled to indemnity (wage) benefits. The amount of these benefits is based on regulations made by your state. Some of the things that people don’t consider when they are out of work are that they are not paying income taxes on their wage benefits, as they are not considered income. Not paying taxes sounds like a great thing at first, but consider this, you may end up owing income tax at the end of the year because you are not paying in, you may not be approved for certain loans because your income is decreased significantly. Some loans look at the prior two years of income tax returns to make decisions on credit. You are also not paying in to Social Security which reduces the amount that you will be entitled to when you are at retirement age.
While out on total disability, you are missing opportunities for training, education, and skill sharpening that your coworkers are receiving. Your checks from the insurance carrier will never increase. If you’re at work, you have the opportunity for salary or wage increases as well as possible company bonuses. Imagine what you earned 5 years ago. Now, try to cover today’s bills with that amount. That is what life would be like if you remain on workers’ compensation disability benefits. Imagine receiving 2/3 of what you earned in 2006, but in the year 2014.
We live in a world where we identify ourselves with what we do, what our job title is, who our employer is and how much we earn per year. We understand that when you become injured at work and you become totally disabled because of it, it has an impact on your self-esteem, self-worth and your security. Returning to work in a modified duty capacity allows you to get out of the house, help you avoid becoming depressed, and keeps you in physical and mental shape. Although you may sometimes gripe about your co-workers, interacting with others that share the same work as you is important. They are the only people who can truly understand what your job requires and why it is important. An employer who is willing to work with you is giving you more than a job or a paycheck; they are restoring that confidence, sense of worth and security. These elements cannot be valued in the form of dollars, just ask anyone who has recovered from a work injury.
The physical benefits of returning to work are many. When you are out of work for an extended period of time, you begin to become de-conditioned. You know when you have not lifted weights for a while and you return to the gym after a few months off, that you are not where you were three months ago. The same goes for work. A recent study of 632 workers with back or arm muscle strain/sprain injuries experienced a better health status and fewer work limitations than workers who did not return to work.
How can ecovery add value to your workplace?
1. Reduce Future Premium Increases
The insurance carrier initially pays for the claim, but the employer may end up paying for it with increased premiums in the future. Offering modified duty reduces claims costs.
2. Reduce Claims Costs More Than 50%
Return to work (RTW) programs immediately reduce indemnity payments. Not only are lost-time days reduced by 50%, but studies show medical costs are also reduced.
3. Return Injured Workers to their Regular Jobs Faster
In a 2008 study of 184 manufacturing industry workers who sustained rotator cuff injuries, 84% of workers returned to regular duties within 120 days. The authors of the study attribute the return to work rates to the existence of a successful RTW program.
4. Speed-up Injured Worker Recovery
Using work as therapy helps injured employees recover up to 3 times faster. The sooner a worker is placed on modified duty, the sooner he or she returns to work.
5. Reduce Fraud
Establishing an ecovery program demonstrates that getting injured does not mean being out of work.
6. Reduce Litigation
When injured workers feel secure about their employment, they’re less likely to seek out an attorney.
7. Limit Personnel Costs
With ecovery, employers can limit the expense of hiring and training temp and replacement workers. Studies have demonstrated that employees who are offered modified duty work return to work twice as often as those who are not offered modified work.
8. Maintain Productivity
Using ecovery means, even with modified duty, the employer is gaining productivity from a worker who would otherwise be out of work.
9. Increase Employee Morale
Establishing an ecovery program demonstrates that employees are valuable company assets, not disposable resources. It also communicates an employer’s commitment to the wellbeing of its employees.
No one is safe online. Everyone is vulnerable and it is your responsibility to establish precautionary measures to protect yourself against cyberattacks. Make yourself well informed and updated on different schemes which cybercriminals used to deceive online users.
The simple tips below should help ensure your security online without ruining the convenience online access offers:
1. Your passwords should be strong enough that it cannot be easily guessed by hackers. Do not use obvious passwords using your personal information or do not use the most common passwords that are ridiculously easy to guess. Moreover, make sure that you use different passwords for your online accounts because having similar passwords on all accounts makes it easier for hackers to steal your identity.
2. Updating your software is very important. There are many good reasons why you need to update your software, thus make sure to take time updating and installing new versions of it.
3. Phishers do have the capability to copy the exact interface of a certain website and lure you into one. They will do everything to obtain personal information from you using those fake sites. Closely examine the site you are accessing before logging in your account and before giving out any personal and financial information.
4. A recovery contact is very important at times where you can’t login to your account. Make sure to set an account recovery contact in case you can’t access your own account.
5. Take advantage of setting up a two-step authentication as it serves as an added security to your accounts and will prevent hackers from accessing your account easily.
Dangers and threats are lurking on the Internet and hackers are always on the hunt looking for someone to victimize. Make yourself invincible and hard to hack, follow the basic ways above and be updated on latest schemes cybercriminals used.
There is a multitude of tyres available on the market today and it might seem difficult to choose the right tyre for your vehicle. Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group, as a company committed to taking care of your car, can help you choose the best tyre for your car with their knowledge and skills in car servicing.
But first, just a short introduction to Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group - it is a family run company that offers services such as helping you look for good tyres without getting scammed, car servicing, MOTs, brake checks and free seasonal checks. For more than a decade, it has also been trading on the South Coast of Hampshire.
If you’re planning to renew the tyres of your vehicle and you need help in choosing the right one, Tyre&Auto can assist you. There are certain elements that should be taken into consideration regarding this matter, and it includes the size, climate and how you drive your vehicle.
You’ll not have a hard time knowing the size of the tyre because it is already indicated in its wall. There are also different types of important information that the sidewall of a tyre holds wherein you can determine the following:
- Date and place of production
- Load capacity
Other significant details that you can find on the wall of the tyre include its section width, aspect ratio or profile, as well as its radius.
There are particular factors that could affect the life of your tyre and it involves when your mileage per annum is high or low, or when you drive in inner city conditions instead of motorways. Based on the criteria you gave, Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group can help you with your choice even if you drive in a sportier manner that could also affect the life of your tyre.
For further inquiries, give them a call today or visit their local depots, and their team will be happy to help you.
Summary of Consolidated Financial Results for the Six Months Ended September 30, 2016
(Based on Japanese GAAP)
Company name: JAPAN ASIA GROUP LIMITED
Stock exchange listing: Tokyo
Stock code: 3751 URL: http://www.japanasiagroup.jp/
Representative: Tetsuo Yamashita Chairman and CEO
Inquiries: Kazunobu Watanabe Director TEL: +81-3-4476-8000
Scheduled date to file Quarterly Securities Report: November 11, 2016
Scheduled date to commence dividend payments: –
Preparation of supplementary material on quarterly financial results: Yes
Holding of quarterly financial results meeting: Yes (for analysts)
(Amounts less than one million yen are rounded down)
1. Consolidated financial results for the six months ended September 30, 2016 (from April 1, 2016 to September 30, 2016)
(1) Consolidated operating results (cumulative) Percentages indicate year-on-year changes
Six months ended September 30, 2016
Six months ended September 30, 2015
Millions of yen %
Millions of yen %
Millions of yen %
Profit attributable to owners of parent
Millions of yen %
As organisations think through their cybersecurity strategy for the coming year the challenge they face is how to plan for success, writes Peter Bauer, CEO and co-founder of Mimecast.
This past year we’ve seen how cybercriminals continue to become more sophisticated and insidious by constantly revising, updating and re-inventing their tactics and technologies to launch attacks. We’ve seen our share of DDoS attacks, key political figures emails hacked, and ransomware attacks. Recently, we saw cybercriminals target the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority with a ransomware attack. Free rides for all! And, that wasn’t San Francisco offering an early holiday gift to locals.
Knowing 100% protection against today’s cyber threats is not realistic – cyber resilience becomes the name of the game. Building a cyber resilience strategy that layers state-of-the-art preventative systems, point-in-time recovery measures, and a means to maintain continuity during an attack can make a significant difference in fending off the myriad of sophisticated threats. We can’t predict all the attacks coming but we can build in cyber resilience and learn from what we have already seen.
Although we may not know all the answers of what’s to come, based on what we’ve seen over the year here are a few attacks that we, at Mimecast, think will rise up 2017:
* The Rise of Cyber Gangs – The past year has been rampant with attacks, and it’s only going to get worse. Not just in the number of attacks, but the sophistication. Attackers have been getting smarter, their data gathering techniques more sophisticated, and they’re becoming more organized. In 2017, we’ll likely see growing groups of attackers, as well as a network of shared information they’ve stolen. These groups will also likely clash, and we’ll see attackers going after each other as well as these virtual gangs grow, gain resources, and fight over territories in the digital landscape. As we all know everyone needs to protect against these threats, by taking a layered approach and ensure they have a proper cyber resilience strategy in place to combat these threats. But that can sometimes be out of reach for many organizations as they are always strapped for resources, budget and then management of said layers. Thus the massive shift of organizations moving to a cloud security strategy where you can get advanced security capabilities that would be out of reach to try and build on premise.
* Ransomware Continues to Evolve yet don’t take your eye off other threats – Ransomware will explode to become one of the biggest threats, fuelled by smaller ‘opportunist’ attackers using off-the-shelf kits to deploy malware. This is an easy and cheap attack method that produces fruitful results. Few organizations have effective defences against this type of malware and now with bitcoins enabling the perpetrators to increase distance from their victims further, it has never been so easy to get away with it. In the coming year, we should also expect more crypto-lockers and evolving forms of ransomware that deny access to desktops, network drives and cloud services. And just as you focus your attention on ransomware issues you can’t be caught off guard by adversaries impersonating the CEO to transfer thousands of dollars to an offshore account or by basic phishing attacks that will cause employees to launch attacks on your organisation.
* Focus on Data Mining – One theme that is still overlooked is that it’s not just about wire transfers. Attackers aren’t just focused on money, they’re focusing on data mining and will use the data they gather in more advanced attacks to gather important data to be either sold on the Dark Web, or used in future attacks. (Remember the W-2 fraud uptick earlier this year? We’re heading into tax season, and can expect to see this again.) While Wire Transfer fraud is, and will be an issue in the future, organizations need to also think about where else they’re susceptible and ensure they have the appropriate protective measures in place. Backups are essential, but the evolution of ransomware is staggering and organizations need to ensure their gateway, firewall, endpoint and other security solutions are consistently up-to-date.
Lectured for tax accountants who want to start up their business.
“How to hire an ideal staffs for your firm.”
Introduced as an Japanese tax professional who can communicate in English in “Japan Startup Guide 2013”
Lectured in Tokyo on behalf of ESSAM KK for tax accountants.
“How to set up your business as an tax accountant.”
September 2013 – August 2014
Serialized an essay for readers who want to be an tax accountant.
Lectured in Osaka on behalf of ESSAM KK.
“Let’s become a winner as an tax accountant.”
Interviewed by Nikkei newspaper.
“Tax saving for investment of foreign real estate.”
Lectured in Sendai on behalf of ESSAM KK.
“Let’s become a winner as an tax accountant.”
Lectured in Tokyo on behalf of ESSAM KK.
“Let’s become a winner as an tax accountant.”
Lectured at Tokyo CPA Association’s Shibuya Block Conference.
“Tax Treatments for expats who Work Overseas.”
Interviewed by popular women’s magazine, “DRESS,” for their feature on Female Entrepreneurs in Japan.
Featured in Kansai University of Foreign Languages website.
DVD, produced by BIZUP SOKEN KK, goes on sale.
“Salaries for Expatriates.”
Lectured at ESSAM KK.
“Basics for International Tax Accounting.”
DVD, produced by ACCS Consulting Co. Ltd., goes on sale.
“International Tax for Tax Accountants.”
Interviewed for issue 26 of Tax Accounting Industry News published by ACCS Consulting Co. Ltd.
“Tax Accountant specializing in international taxation matters”\
The Tax Accountant Blog (written by Kaori Fuchi) was presented in Taxation Institute of Japan's website Zei-no-machi (Town taxation).
- Eastern Alliance Insurance Group Review - Benefits of Ecovery
- Eastern Alliance Insurance Group Review - Value to Employers
- Online Security - Keep your Online Identity Safe
- Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group Review - How to Choose the Best Tyres for your Vehicle
- Japan Asia Group Limited - Consolidated Financial Results
- Online Fraud Detection - Planning for Tomorrow’s Cyberattacks
- Kaori Fuchi Advisors Tokyo Japan Newsroom